Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Life at Full Back Speed...

Full speed ahead; destination, fan favorite. Owen Schmitt; the new Full Back from West Virginia, acquired in the fifth round of the draft is on a fast track to stardom in Seattle. I love the fact this kid has broken or bent 11 face masks in his college career. I love that he was only held to negative yardage 4 times in his collegiate effort. I also love what is being said about him in the news in regards to his work ethic. usually you don't see a newly drafted rookie impress this much; especially this early. Owen has been called a "Runaway Beer Truck" and already has a moniker. The tag line being used for him is "Schmitt Happens". I love that shit. I use to use that line in high school when I drank to many Schmidts and puked my ass off. This guy is great. There is a great article by SCOTTJOHNSON over at heraldnet that really shines a light on Owen Schmitt. I think this kid will be the true replacement for Mack Strong. END.

No comments: