Saturday, August 9, 2008

Good showing...Of Course...

My affirmations were confirmed last night when the Seahawks had a good showing in the pre-season opener. The Nay-Sayers in the press continually regurgitating the same old song and dance over and over again. 2008 is going to be a lame duck season because Mike Holmgren is on his way out and Mora is taking over head coaching duties. In addition, the "east coast bias" media seems to think we have a wide receiver problem. After reviewing last night's win, I think they will be saying we have too much talent. I know, I know, most of you still think this team is going to take a big shit in the middle of the season and won't make the playoffs. I think that is a premature assessment of a team, while under Holmgrens tutelage, has won five strait NFC WEST titles and of course a Superbowl appearance in 2005. Don't fret my friends because we Seattle-Ites are going to have our cake and eat it too. Just wait and see...

There was great play from some of the players last night: I definitely think the young receivers came out to make this team. Kent was strong and impressive in his routes. Trent Shelton surprised me with a touchdown pass rifled in by Seneca Wallace. Mo Morris is showing us his performance last year was not a fluke and he intends on improving on that. Julius Jones did not impress me as much as I would have liked, but then again he didn't see that many touches. I know he has the ability; I just want to see it. Seneca Wallace looked more patient than in recent years. I believe he has settled into the fact that he is a backup QB and he is now showing that he can be a starter if the unthinkable happens. For me this last one made a real impression on me. David Hawthorne was a true standout player. I counted at least four solo tackles and he forced two fumbles with crushing hits. this guy is definitely going to make the team if he continues to have intense play and great run pursuit. I have to say I was impressed with Lo Jack as well. I had not seen him play that much at USC and I must say that guy has got a motor. He ran down John David Booty like he was going to take a bite of his booty. Overall, the defense could have done a little better against the pass but I think the defense was more focused on their game plan and didn't expect Tavaris Jackson to show out so well. I was surprised to see Trufant blow a couple of plays. right after I buy your jersey too, thanks. I know he will be better and is better than that. After all, it's only pre-season. Right?

After seeing the youg players in action, I am looking forward to this season and I strongly believe we have a real shot at the Superbowl again. I will part for now with some honorable mentions....Michael Bumpus from WAZZU, Jeb Putzier (good speed for a tight end), Will Heller, Kevin Hobbs, Justin Forsett, Joel Filani (touchdown), Lance Laury (intensity), Matt Hass (high standard), and last but not least; Brandon Coutu for showing that Josh Brown is not the only kicker in the league who can tackle. Stay in St. Louis you cry baby highest paid kicker. I am upset that I share the same initials as you. Oh well were good at the Kicker position.

Ok so I am done for now. I will post again a little late after I am nice and drunk. LOL. hey for now why don't you guys comment some. Tell me where your seats are going to be for the Bears game and tell us all a little bit about what your plans are before the game. Oh and any chance you get... plug us on other teams blogs so we can get some shit-talking going on for the season opener. I love it...END...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed. Good write up man. I like the new look. Are you still going to be an asshole?

Jeremy Brown said...

I don't plan on it. I want to be legit. I just want to have some trash talk on here. I think a little trash talk is healthy for us fans. Keeps us pumped up for our team....