Saturday, August 9, 2008

Needs and Wants.

Well, one thing is for sure; Mike holmgren wants more from these guys. I was watching the replay of the game. (DVR is great). I was looking at Mike on the sidelines right after that delay of game penalty on 4th and 6, that forced us back 5 yards and we had to settle for a kickoff. Mike was specifically trying to force a first down in a 4Th and short situation. Miss-cues and mishaps in the huddle and translation of play specifics hurt the team more than people realize. The sure fact that Holmgrens face was more red than Rudolf's seemed to be a pretty good indication of his feelings about that penalty. I was particularly moved because in an early comment I made on SA. I think it went a little along the lines of "Lame duck season my ass, I would look for Holmgren to be a little more unpredictable. A couple of go for it on 4th and 1's and maybe a fake field goal". Mike showing such emotion really helped me affirm my previous thought on his game plan. In the past Holmgren would have been like "well we got the FG" but he would have had a quiet talk with the player who spoiled the attempt. I am excited about what is going to come out of this season's play book.

Just an FYI: No. I think I am not trying to be an asshole anymore. I really want to be recognized as a writer and a seahawk fan. Most of all a decent Father....Love you Audrey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fatherhood can mellow out the craziest of us!

Jeremy Brown said...

true that my friend...