Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Eight men out......well not really!

Then there were eight....Practice Squad members, that is....

1)  RB Devin Moore
2)  WR Logan Payne
3)  WR Mike Hass
4)  OT Kyle Williams
5)  SS Jamar Adams
6)  CB Roy Lewis
7)  G/C Blake Schlueter
8)  LB Tom Williams

The roster has been rounded out, all the way down to the practice squad. As you may already know the Hawks had 8 available spots for practice squad players. There were a couple of guys the Hawks kept and a couple the Hawks went after.

Jamar Adams, second year man from Michigan can hone his Safety skills against our stellar receivers.

Mike Hass Showed enough potential to solidify his spot on this team. I think he has what it takes to be a starter in this league in a year or two. I hope he doesn't get subject to injury because I see this guy playing like Largent. I saw some clean route running from Hass but I think he has a little more bulk to gain so he can fend off the press from Pro CB's.

I don't know much about Roy Lewis other than him making the squad for Pittsburgh last year and was a transfer to the UW from Fresno State. I like to see products of the Huskies playing for the Hawks but lets see what he can do on the PS and maybe next years camp the competition at CB gets heated up.

I loved what I saw from Devin Moore and I am more than happy this guy made the PS. Look for big things from this kid....

Fan favorite and PS veteran Logan Payne impressed enough for Jim Mora and Co. to keep him around. I think Logan had stiff competition to make the 53 but I'm sure I am not the only one that is happy he is on the PS. Congrats Logan, another year to learn from the pros...

We all know Kyle Williams from camp and obviously he did enough to be kept around.

Blake Schlueter is a cast away from Denver; like Unger he is a G/C hybrid from TCU. Looks like the Hawks are going for Zone Blocking linemen to beef up the depth in case injuries occur. I think there is a bit of grooming involved with these guys too.

Tom Williams is a cast away from Jacksonville. The Jags drafted him in 2008 in the 5th round. Williams played LB at USC. We all know how much Ruskell loves USC players but I don't see this guy staying around for that long.

With the home Season Opener at Qwest Field against the Lambs we all have high hopes and dreams. These guys listed here all have high hopes and dreams as well. Lets all, hope our dreams come true...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a shame Courtney Taylor didn't have any years left of practice squad elibility. He seems like a practice squad lifer. Mike Hass didn't show anything this pre season. Wonder why the coaches are so high on him?

Jeremy Brown said...

Obviously Camp was his stage. He did show some clean route running, but as I said in the post I think he needs to bulk up, in terms of muscle in order to shake defenders at the line of scrimmage.