Saturday, September 5, 2009

Seahawks final cuts....and the losers are......

Well NFC West Blogger Mike Sando reports the names that landed on the cutting room floor of the Seahawks front office. Click HERE for details........


A couple of surprises to me:

Cameron Morrah beating out Joe Newton was a bit of a surprise. Morrah was definitely a better blocker so I think the choice was ideal for John Carlson's situation as the designated Receiving TE....

Olino Mare beats out younger Coutu...I thought the hawks would have gone with youth in this situation but I agree Mare has a better boot. Touchbacks are worth more than 59 yrd field goals because this offense doesn't plan on kicking too many of those....

Lastly, Devin Moore. I thought for sure after his performance against the Raiders they would have made a spot for him. I think they could have used him to return punts and keep Obamanu healthy for back up reasons. That would keep Butler in a better position to be on the field at WR....

Other than that the cuts seem pretty cut and dry. The only shake up was cutting Brian Russell and then signing  Lawyer Malloy, who's deal details have yet to be released. I wonder why they waited so long to cut Russell? END...

No comments: