Friday, September 4, 2009

Real fans don't post during games.....HAWKS WIN....

Right off the bat I have to say that this is a true fan site because you don't see me posting during the game. Shouldn't people be watching the game anyway instead of posting comments and reading stuff on the web. It seriously seems like most of the people who join these blog communities aren't true fans, if they were they wouldn't be posting comments every five minutes during the game.....I am not going to name sites but I don't roll with game time live threads because I am busy watching the HAWKS.....

That being said lets dive right into the post game stuff....

I will start by saying: The defense really impressed me last night. I saw what we drafted in Aaron Curry to be the real deal Holyfield. This guy was all over the place. I like the fact this kid has a relentless pass rush in him. Curry has excellent pursuit and instincts. Darren McFadden was sweeping right and Curry brushed off his block and had a v-line strait for McFadden and powered his way across the line to stop McFadden for no gain on the run. Curry was getting pressure at will and had at least six tackles, that I counted. Can't wait to see him in the regular season. We can definitely say we have the best LB corp in the league....

Michael Bennet showed up a little more than Nick Reed did last night, as I noticed Nick Reed was stuffed with double teams most of the night. Reed did get into the back field and create pressure from that right side of the defense but never really made it to the QB for a sack. Although Reed did not get to the QB, he did disrupt several plays and assisted on several 3rd down stops, and he recovered a fumble to set up a score. Nick Reed should still make this squad....

Bennet was definitely playing with a chip on his shoulder. He believes he should have been drafted and I think the Fans will agree with me when I say, we are glad he didn't. Bennet was a monster. Disrupting play after play and making a couple of assisted sacks. Bennet has a great jump off the ball and his speed allows him to get around the tackle and force the QB to step up into the pocket making it easier for the DT's to get a shot at him. Bennet had very good instincts and proved he can play at the pro level. A fumble recovery, a couple of sacks, and a tipped pass. This kid is great.

The secondary was a little shaky but not giving anything extremely deep over the top. I didn't see much of Ness so there can't be a chance this guy makes the team, although he does have experience.  CJ Wallace showed some coverage skills and made a couple of good plays deep. Marquis Floyd had a couple of good tackles and an assisted ball defense but didn't do enough to make this team in my opinion.

I liked what I saw from DD Lewis, Will Herring and David Hawthorne. All three of these guys should be on this team because they all hit pretty hard and are ball hawks on the field. Heater had a couple of smashing hits and Herring had a couple of great reads on late game runs. D.D. Lewis showed he can be a viable backup MLB. Good job guys.

The offense look liked it was getting into a rhythm out there. The Raiders defense sucks yes but Teel was running the offense with good tempo and skills. I applaud Knapp for his play calling, there were times when I thought the Raiders had us snuffed out and the play worked to a tee. And they say the play calling has been vanilla as far as packages go. I can't wait to see what they do in the regular season. I liked what I saw from Rowe as well but I think the FO has plans to groom Teel to be the Future QB of this franchise.

Devin Moore showed up in a big way last night too. This kid showed us that he is willing to put his head down, spin, stiffarm and fight for extra yards. Moore looks like a Forsett but with a little more width to his body. Moore is the exact sames size and weight as Warrick Dunn and he showed he can be as tuff as Dunn. Forsett looked like he had no trouble finding the hole. He almost broke several plays for huge gains and looked consistent. Edgerrin James looked like he can still hit the hole and make good cuts. First two plays he marched forward for 4 yrds and came right back and gained 7 yrds. I know he came in to compliment Jones but from what I saw last night James has better instincts than Jones and he just might end up taking carries away from Julius. I would really like to see all 4 HB's on this team but I think Moore gets cut, an unfortunate casualty. He will not clear waivers and make it to our practice squad; someone will pick him up.

Obomanu wins the battle of the 5th WR spot in my opinion. Taylor looked good as well but I think Obamanu can get it done at WR and Punt returns. He has great down field speed and showed he has the poise to make deep catches thrown on the money.  More to come later in the day.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Rowe (I believe it was Rowe?) could have put that ball to Taylor in the end zone one inch closer, Taylor would have trumped Obo's catch a million times over. Taylor's diving effort showed that he was giving it his all. Too bad. He'll definitely make it on another team's roster.

Jeremy Brown said...

I agree, He layed out tuff for that catch.

I notice him wincing after he got up. I think he hurt his neck when he landed on his face mask and doubled over himself.....

Great Effort....Good luck to Taylor elsewhere....

Anonymous said...

two errors:

nate ness is a rookie. he has zero experience.

reed did get a sack in the fourth quarter.

Jeremy Brown said...

I meant he has experience with other teams in camp....thanks.

Reed did get the sack in the 4th quarter....typing with no coffee in the morning is fun....